- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 15 oz. applesauce
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups Mom's Place Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup *plump raisins (or craisins) - optional
- 1 cup chopped nuts - optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, melted butter and applesauce, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Then add the milk, rolled oats, raisins and nuts.
- After combining all ingredients, spoon into a 9x13 baking dish or pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve like a cereal, with milk and a little sweetener. To keep cold milk from cooling the heated serving of baked oatmeal, warm the milk a little in the microwave. Yogurt can also be used instead of milk.
Stores well for a couple of days in refrigerator, or wrap serving size pieces in a fold over sandwich bag and place them in a single layer in a freezer bag. Store in freezer. Thaw and heat individual servings in microwave for an instant breakfast!
*NOTE: to plump raisins, pour boiling water over the measured amount and let stand for 1 minute or more. Pour off water before adding raisins to mixture.
Recipe from Colleen McGary, mother of founder