BACK TO TOP
Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Crisp Bars
on March 31, 2021
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, 1 cup flour, baking soda and spices until blended.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 min.
- MEANWHILE, microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- SPRINKLE apples over crust; drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over caramel sauce.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- For Great Autumn Color and Flavor: Prepare using 1 Granny Smith and 1 Gala or Honeycrisp apple.