- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 package Mom's Place Gluten Free Decadent Devils Food Cake mix, its a 2 layer cake mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 7 Eggs (you will need 3 for the cake and 4 for the mousse)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (melted) - microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between until well melted
- 1 (8 oz) tube of whipped topping for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°. Spray a 12 Cup* fluted bunt or tube pan. Pour in the chocolate syrup evenly on the bottom of your pan. Set aside, In you mixing bowl add water, oil, 3 eggs, and add cake mix and beat till well blended. Blend in sour cream and pour over chocolate syrup in the pan.
- Next beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add 4 eggs and mix well. Wisk in evaporated milk and melted chocolate. Gently spoon over the cake batter. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed side down.
- Place tube pan into a shallow pan at least 3 inches deep. ( I use my roasting pan) and add enough water to larger pan to come at least 2 inches up the side of the tube pan. Bake for 90 min. (no this is not an error) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Invert cake onto serving platter, and remove pan. Serve cake topped with whipped topping.
* Note if you are not sure on your pan size measure 12 cups of water into your pan. If you only have a 10 cup pan reserve 2 cups of cake batter and bake them as cup cakes. I bake them while I am preparing the rest of the cake.
Makes about 6 cup cakes.