Have an egg allergy or simply just out of eggs? We've put together a list of several tried-and-true egg substitutes that work extremely well in our gluten-free mixes and in other recipes. Select which option below works best for you.
(select one -- each item or combination is the equivalent of one egg)
- 1 Tbs. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbs. water (warm)
- 1/4 C. applesauce (room temperature)
- 1/4 C. smashed banana
- 2 Tbs. organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. baking soda + 1 Tbs. vinegar
- 1/4 C. plain or vanilla soy yogurt
- Select the combination from above. If more than one ingredient, it is recommended to mix together before adding to your recipe.
- Try it in any of our mixes calling for eggs, including our breads, cakes, muffins, cookies, etc.