BACK TO TOP
Gluten-Free Granola Clusters
on April 01, 2021
- 1-2 cups Mom's Place Gluten Free Rolled Oats or Mom's Place Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup honey (warmed, if necessary to make it runny)
- 1/8 cup mild-tasting oil, like safflower
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 cups dried coconut (use the large flakes)
- Optional: 1 cup any combination of chopped, dried fruit pieces (i.e., dried apples, cranberries, raisins, modjul dates, etc.) Toss with a little Mom's Flour Blend and set aside to add last of all.
- A bit of Mom's Flour Blend (optional, but it helps to toss with the pieces of chopped, dried fruit so they don't stick to each other and clump in the granola.
- Mix everything but the fruit and coconut together.
- Stir the honey, oil, and vanilla together and drizzle over the dry mixture.
- Then sprinkle on the salt and cinnamon and stir well.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix in the large coconut flakes and give it another 5 minutes, but keep an eye on it and stir every few minutes, as coconut browns quickly.
- Around 5 minutes later pull the mixture out of the oven and toss it with the dried fruit.
- This is good as a cereal or with yogurt parfaits. Totally gluten free--and it's YUMMY!