BACK TO TOP
Lemon Chicken with Summer Squash
on March 29, 2021
- 2 small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced into half-moons (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken (thighs or breasts)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups rice
- 1 Tbsp. Mom's Place Gluten Free Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cups water
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss squash with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove to a covered oven safe dish.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon zest, rice, chicken bouillon and water.
- Add rice to the dish with chicken nestled.
- Add skillet ingredients on top and then add squash.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and bake 10 minutes more, until broth is absorbed, rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Replace lid and let rest 5 minutes before serving.