- Bake the pre-made gluten-free pie crust according to package instructions. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk and heavy cream. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt until smooth.
- Slowly pour about 1/4 of the hot coconut milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining coconut milk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked Mom’s Place Pie Crust.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is touching the surface of the filling. This will prevent a skin from forming on top.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Before serving, top the pie with the remaining 1/4 cup of toasted coconut.
Enjoy your delicious gluten-free coconut cream pie!