Mint Filling Ingredients:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. gf vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. gf peppermint extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1-1/3 cups gf chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 to 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. gf vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin pans with 12 liners each. Mix and bake chocolate cupcakes according to package directions. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together powdered sugar, milk, and both extracts. It will be slightly thinner than frosting. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and melted chocolate chips. Add sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. May add more milk or sugar to get to desired consistency.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, scoop 1 tsp. of cake out of the center. Pour in some of the mint filling. Top with frosting.
- Share with your family and friends and enjoy this yummy goodness!